Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

Claire and the Chocolate Factory

Move over Charlie, there's a new kid in town. Me. That is to say, I have a new job working as the assistant chocolatier for the wonderful Rococo Chocolates. For anyone who hasn't heard of the company, its a London based chocolatiers that has been running a staggering 29 years. It has a distinct slightly quirky style and, most importantly, makes really tasty chocolates. Basically, despite only having done one full days work for the company, I am very excited about working for them. Its great to be part of a small, passionate team working on many exciting projects whilst being completely surrounded by sweets treats at every corner.


Throughout college I was always excited about the chocolate modules, despite the inevitable blur of cocoa covered mess I produced. Now, after a bit of professional grooming,  my whites are definitely a lot more white when they leave the kitchen than ever before and my new chef promises to iron out the last few stubborn messy wrinkles that remain. I'm sure in no time my whites will remain at a level that even Daz couldn't beat.

For now, rest assured that my days will be filled with ganache, marshmallow, caramalised nuts, chocolate cats and the biggest tubs of edible shimmer I have ever seen. Its a tough life..

6 comments:

  1. How fabulous to have you blogging on your first day at Rococo - welcome to the team and looking forward to meeting you!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Alaska Claire! :0)

    Love your blog... but... you need to come back and post again (hint, hint) ;0)

    I'll check back again soon ~~ Take care!! ~sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. I promise to try get it started up again :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Claire,

    I love your blog. It's so interesting to read about your adventures in the food world. I'm 21, and I go to school in Chicago. After working as a line cook last summer, I've realized that cooking is my one true passion. I just wanted to ask, how was your overall experience at LCB? How was living in London? Did you get to travel much? Were there other students who were relatively young? If you can't tell, I'm very interested in the London LCB program.

    Thanks a lot,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brent! Thank you very much for reading! LCB was a great experience, all the chefs were really great and I made some top friends who are also useful contacts in the industry now. I havent travelled with work as of yet but who knows what the future holds. There was quite a bit varation of ages in college but I would say that 70% of people were under 30. LCB London just had a massive refit and has moved. Its meant to be amazing now, all the best equippment and has a restaruant and cake shop inside as well!

    Hope I have been some help!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm not sure if you still use this blog but I'm looking to do a patisserie course..and I'm going to an open house at LCB in a couple of weeks. Would you recommend the course? I'm wondering whether to go down the internship/stage route instead to save money. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete